Hope Christmas Campaign
Christmas is a season of love, joy and giving. It’s a time when many of us gather around tables filled with delicious food, exchange gifts and decorate our homes with trees and ornaments. However, it’s also a time when we should remember those who are struggling to find the basic comforts such as warmth, shelter, and a hot meal during the cold winter months. At Hope we are inviting you to consider saving a ‘Place for Hope’ as you celebrate this year. Give some thought to those less fortunate by weighing up the cost of a place at your table. Extend a hand to those that are hungry and homeless this Christmas through our ‘A Place for Hope’ campaign.
The Cost of Christmas:
It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and celebration of Christmas. Office parties, Christmas trees, decorations and gifts.
What do you spend?
Donate the cost equivalent of a place at your Christmas table, your works event, Christmas tree, turkey or Christmas gift, to help someone at Hope this Christmas:
- Spending £430 per person on Christmas gifts?* – Would pay for half a day of service at our homeless Centre over Christmas.
- Spending £88 on a Christmas tree? – Would provide 15 people with breakfast and a hot meal this Christmas.
- Spending £45 on a turkey? – Would fund a specialist counselling session for someone in need this winter.
- Spending £35 per person on a Christmas dinner? – Would train a volunteer befriender to help over Christmas.
*Spending costs based on 2022 UK data.
The Growing Need:
This year, we’ve seen an all-time record of over 60 people using our service for the homeless, and the numbers are rising as the weather gets colder. We are seeing a rising number of new to homeless, registering between 1 and 5 new to homelessness every day. On Christmas Day we anticipate up to 150 people facing rough-sleeping on the streets of Northampton.
On Christmas day we provide a full Christmas dinner with turkey and all the trimmings, Christmas gift boxes and guests are served by volunteers at decorated tables. We also open our services for extended hours during harsh weather to keep everyone safe. This year, more than any, we need your help. We are facing a crisis in homelessness fuelled by the cost-of-living crisis. Can you donate to our winter appeal?
Here are some ways you can support our Christmas Campaign:
- Calculate the value of a place at your table: If you are hosting a Christmas party, donate the equivalent to provide a meal for someone without cooking facilities this Christmas.
- Are you having a ‘secret santa’? Include Hope in your round of gifts and donate the equivalent to provide a gift for a parent struggling to afford Christmas.
- Are you buying a Christmas tree? Could you donate the equivalent to help us provide hot meals on a winter’s day?
- Are you attending a work event? How much is this costing ‘per head’? Consider a place for Hope and donate the equivalent to give someone facing homeless mental health support this Christmas.
If your school, business or organisation have your own ideas for a Christmas fundraiser, please get in touch with email@example.com